Monday, August 20, 2012

Chocolate Frosting

I have always wanted a better chocolate frosting than your typical "butter cream frosting with added cocoa powder".  I found this one day and decided to try it out.  I really like it and it is super easy to make.  If anyone has a better recipe than this please do share!

1 Minute Chocolate Frosting
CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com
Serves/Makes: 1.5 cups    |   Difficulty Level: 2    |   Ready In: < 30 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Mix together. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add vanilla. Cool partially, then beat with a mixer for 3 minutes or until spreadable consistency. 

Nutrition:
per tablespoon: 53 calories, 2g fat, 9g carbohydrates, 0g protein.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nutritional information :). I prefer not having any clue as to how unhealthy my frosting is. I'll have to try this out! Is this what you made for Ilzay's birthday?

    ReplyDelete