Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to our lovely site girls!  So to get us started let me tell you about some of the features on the site :).  Some of you (probably Ashley mostly) are better at knowing blogger's features than I am so if something doesn't seem right and you know how to fix it...go for it!  So here goes:

1)  Name....is it alright?!  Too cheesy?

2) Blog Archive:  This will be the way that you can go back through all of our posts to see all that has been posted.  

3) Popular Posts:  This will show our site's most visited posts so you can see what we like!

4) Search this Blog:   Pretty self-explanatory.  I'm sure it will come in handy.

5) Favorite Sites:  So go ahead and add any favorite food websites/blogs that you use often so we know where to go to find some good ideas.

6) "You Might Also Like":  I downloaded this widget and it will bring up pictures and titles of past posts for suggestions of what else you might like.  We'll see how this works...it could be cool if it works well! 

7) Posts:  So those of you who are new to blogger to create a new post you will want to click on "New Post" in the top right hand corner.  For our posts you will want to create a title (probably just the name of the recipe), have a link to the recipe or actually type it in the post, a picture if you've got one (I love pics), and any comments you have about the recipe.

8) Email:  So I think I got it set up that whenever someone posts something on here it will email you.  If you do not want to get those emails than go into settings and delete your name in the "mobile & email" section.  I just thought it might be nice to know when things get posted so you are aware of what is on here.

9) So at this point it is a "public" blog...meaning anybody can see it.  If you would like it changed to "private" so we are the only ones who can view it that is fine with me.  I just thought that it might be nice to have it public so that if someone else wanted a recipe that was on the blog you could just direct them to it.  Thoughts?  

10) Anything else you would like to see? 

8 comments:

  1. Laura - It all looks great! Thanks so much for doing this! One major element you have missed. LABELS. So very important. For example if you were to post a recipe about Chicken Enchiladas there is a spot called "Labels". Here you would put every word you can think of to categorize this dish (For Example: Chicken, Mexican, Main Dish, Freezer Meal). These labels will be really helpful. I will go ahead and add this on one of the sidebars. Then you could click on one of those labels, like the Dessert label, and find ideas if you had to take a dessert and need ideas. Make sense?? Other than that you have done a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh smart thinking. And in regards to you having rights to change settings...I had to wait for you to accept the invitation and then I could make you an "admin" rather than just a reader. You can make all the changes that you now want. So if you don't mind doing the labels thing that would be fantastic!

      Delete
  2. Actually I don't have rights to change settings on this blog so Laura will have to add the Labels widget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed! This is the very first time I have written on a blog! It should be fun! Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do I get a cute picture on my comments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you have to have a blog (at least mine comes from my blog)

      Delete
  5. I love it! Looks great Laura! I'm super excited about this, hooray! I'm glad we added labels, I was thinking that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel - Do you want to put your lemon chicken recipe on? That was yummy!

    ReplyDelete